Monday, May 26, 2014

Hi All! I hope that you have been having a great Memorial Day Weekend!

The weather is finally getting consistently warm enough to embrace summertime clothes, makeup, and accessories! This is very exciting for me since Chicago has been borderline freezing since winter began. Yikes! Anyways, I wanted to share my favorite summer look of right now. It is fairly easy, so I really think that this look is accessible and time saving for anyone looking to achieve it.

First, I used this Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad in the shade Autumn Coppers.

These shades are gorgeous for a quick and easy eye. For my look, I utilized the shades exactly as they are labeled in the quad. For the "liner" shade, I applied to my lower lash line for a more dramatic effect. This creates more of a smokey eye look. When working with a summer smokey eye, it is always easier to use shades from the same palette, especially if you are on the go, or like to bring your makeup with you for touchups.

If you want to create a brighter look, I would stick with packing on the light pink "base" shade instead of working with the lid shade labeled. This could be used as your crease color, or skipped entirely. It all depends on what you are feeling.

Next, for lips, I used this combination of colors: NYX Lipstick in the shade "Darling," and NYX Butter Gloss in the shade "Tiramisu."

Cheeks are a combination of shades from my new Glamorous Blush Palette by BH Cosmetics. I mixed the second the third shades in the top row using a Real Techniques Blush Brush.

You can see that some shades shattered when it arrived in the mail! Wahhhh... I was so sad. For hair, I used my new Conair You Curl Styling Wand. The barrel ranges from 1/2 inch to 1 inch and can be used up to 400 degrees. It even comes with a cute insulated glove to protect your hand from touching / burning on the barrel. I will be posting pics on my Instagram.

My favorite type of outfit right now is the maxi dress. It is quick, yet looks like you took more time to put yourself together. Who doesn't want that?! I just picked up this dress from H&M during their Memorial Day Sale. I also picked it up in maroon and black colors.

The purse is from the Target Merona collection, and the watch is from Charming Charlie.

That is the finished look! I hope you enjoy! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment