Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mary Kay

Hi Again!

It's been a hot minute since I've posted, but I promise 1 to 2 posts per week starting right... now. :)

I won a HUGE Mary Kay gift basket a few weeks back, and I've been trying out the products to review. It is a complete bronzing collection, which is different than the typical shades of these products that you might normally try. However, the beach and a nice tan might just make that irrelevant. Let's get to it.

The first item is this six piece perfume set. The packaging is beautiful and decently sturdy. I find that this collection is very decorative for a vanity or dresser. Miniature bottles are always adorable, and add more appeal when they are full. Getting to the point, however, the scents are just ok. The differences between the six are minimal. This comes down to purely preference. They certainly smell nice, they just don't have that feminine kick that I look for in a perfume. These would be better for a day at the beach for more of a summery, casual scent. I have a feeling that I will be taking advantage of the decorative aspect.

Now the exciting part... the makeup!

This bronzer duo is ah-maz-ing. Each set of two shades comes in a rectangular magnetic pan that can be placed in the Mary Kay case that was included, or any Z Palette of your preference. I always mix the shades available when it comes to bronzer and blush. The left shades are matte, while the right have a little shimmer in them. Since I'm not tan right now, I've been sticking with the matte shades to contour. They sit perfectly on the skin, and the pigmentation is great. I got over an 8 hour wear out of this bronzer. I highly recommend all of the shades, and especially the shimmer for a day at the beach to bring out an inner glow.

Next are the lip and eye liner. The lip liner is in the shade "Neutral," and the eyeliner in "Bronze." They are pretty comparable colors, and go very well together to pull off a finished look. I love the brown for less dramatic smokey eye, and with a light hand the Neutral lip liner can be used with any favorite nude lipstick.

On to lipstick and lipgloss. The gloss is in the shade "Beach Bronze," and has a gorgeous gold shimmer. This is perfect for wearing alone or over a nude lipstick. The creme lipstick is in the shade "Bronzed," and is a decently darker brown. I would recommend using a lighter hand with this shade or using the shimmer gloss over it to dull it down.

Overall, this makeup collection is perfect for a beachy, bronze look with or without a tan. For lighter skin tones, this will bring out a glow from within. For darker skin tones, this will accentuate a deep tone to glisten in the sunlight. I highly recommend all of these products! I also have a few skincare items that I have yet to decide on. I will be letting you know soon! Let me know your thoughts!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment