Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hi All!

I wanted my first blog post to capture the beauty of some of my favorite products of the moment. Now that spring and summer are arriving, it is finally that time of year to play with different shades and colors that compliment a brighter look. One of my favorite ways to glam up a makeup look is to do a complimentary lip. I've been experimenting with a ton of different lippies and have found myself obsessed with none other than the NYX Butter Gloss line.

From L-R these shades are: Tiramisu, Eclair, Strawberry Parfait, Sugar Cookie, Peaches and Cream.

(Swatches are in the same order as listed above)

These are some of the only glosses that I think can actually be worn both over lipstick and alone. Most glosses are too sheer to do this with, but the consistency of these glosses can be built up for a more natural makeup or no makeup look. As you can see above, the pigmentation is very impressive. However, I still always prefer to wear gloss over liner and lipstick to increase the longevity and color stability of the products. Plus, the blending of perfect shades can make the colors even more vibrant and beautiful than they were alone.

All of the shades in the NYX Butter Gloss line have a creamy, buttery consistency that feels moisturizing on the lips. Because of this consistency, I think the staying power is definitely increased. I highly recommend these! Especially since they will only run you $4.99 each at Ulta.

Please feel free to comment on any thoughts you have! I'd love your input and opinions on these and any other products.

Thanks guys! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment